Friday, June 11, 2010

why is vacation so exhausting??? (part 2)

What with jet lag & time zones & whatever, I only slept about 4 1/2 hours. Got up, showered, and went with B to pick up J on our way to Breakfast. J's reaction was priceless. She about went into shock, as did her brother & sister-in-law. SO fun to see them! Walked into breakfast and surprised everyone there. It was fun. No one was expecting to see me. And the little kids didn't know who I was so didn't care that I was there. lol

Breakfast was yummy, then BA had an short meeting. After that, they made teams for the afternoon activities & packed up lunches and left for the park. B, BT, CJ & I did not go. Instead we went to Trader Joe's - the new one in Redmond!, a chocolatier called Brugge Chocolate - YUM!!!, grabbed lunch at Chipotle & coffee at Peets. Back to MR to eat lunch. Then B & BT got busy working on Luau supper. C, CJ & I decorated. And by decorating, I mean, using everything BT had brought & making the kitchen area as tacky as we could make it. (There's pictures on FB.)

The dinner was fantastic! Pork smoked in banana leaves - I have no idea what they did to it, but it was amazing! Served with rice and lots of salads. After main course, BA had a second short meeting. DJ administered a "long, hard" Bible quiz while we older girls got dessert ready. There was pinapple upside down cake & lots of pies. M&B decided it was too late to start the skits, so we just played games. I learned how to play Bananagrams - FUN!!! LA is such a cheater! But we laughed. A lot.

Sunday dawned brighter than Saturday did. I made myself eggs, B made smoothies for the rest of the girls staying at her place. Went to Sunday School. By the time we sat down for morning meeting, the room was packed. A lot of people came just for the day. It was awesome catching up with BG, but it was much to brief. That Nora is SUCH a cutie! :) It was potluck, so there was lots of yummy food for lunch. There was a Bible reading after, followed by a brief gospel message.

Then "what to do???" for the afternoon. There were too many to take on a ferry ride. They decided to go to downtown Kirkland for frozen yogurt & a walk on the waterfront. B, C & I went to Capitol Hill. We got coffee at 15th Avenue Coffee & Tea (yum!), cupcakes at Cupcake Royale (not impressd w/salted caramel) & had a wander at Elliott Bay Books - recently moved from Pioneer Square (i didn't buy anything!).
For some reason, my browser is not letting me link this morning, but you can visit these:
http://www.streetlevelcoffee.com/
http://www.cupcakeroyale.com/
http://elliottbaybook.com/

Then we headed back to Kirkland for a make-your-own-burrito supper. Fortunately, there was a vegetarian options, tho D&L said they hadn't planned that and to thank someone else (PJ?) for the refried beans. Got cleaned up from supper. BA had his final meeting. Then on to skits.

I wasn't sure about our team to start with cuz I didn't really know any of the boys. But we pulled together a skit of The Stoning of Stephen (Acts 7) that included using Jenga blocks as the rocks we threw at him. Later, in about 5 minutes, we pulled together a skit for Ninevah. EK was a fantastic "Lot's Wife", but Constantin's team "stole the show". It was a very fun evening. Then we went outside (in the drizzly rain) and roasted marshmallows over one of those dish fires. Btw, PF made me awesome, perfectly roasted marshmallows. I don't generally eat them, but that night I ate 3! (So need to get back on track with my eating!!!) Also fun that night? KJ, PF, me & RB giving the Rockettes a run for their money with our kickline... :)

I went to BT's that night. It was like going home - I miss living there!!!



xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PK? don't you mean PF? :) ~Cath

rachel said...

oh yeah. too many initials. i'll go in and change it :)