Saturday, August 15, 2009

on music

(this was supposed to be yesterday's post, but that never happened so...)

um, wow, so I just totally digressed and started reading about the Smiths & Morrissey. I have discovered, probably within the last year, that I adore The Smiths. Why did I not discover them until this recently?! It makes me sad. However, it's good to know that Morrissey has sold out ALL of his 2009 shows. I like him.


Anyways!


This was going to be about The Thompson Twins. I think everyone has asked "why did they call themselves The Thompson Twins when there were 3 of them?!" I came up with a theory yesterday while listening to Lay Your Hands on Me. Here goes: All these years later, people still remember them, still listen to their music, and keep asking why they were the twins when there were 3 of them. I think they did it as a PR move. If we go for something crazy like this, people will remember us. It worked. However, I wiki-ed them and found the story behind their name. Still good, but I like my theory better. LOL


And now I want to share with you my favorite lines from songs, in no particular order and for no particular reason.

"If you're feeling low, turn up your radio"

"Will your system be alright when you dream of home tonight?"

"I'm just tired and bored with myself"

"The shutter clicked but the film did not go 'round"

"A city wall and a trampoline"

"It's alright as long as you got somebody to love"


I love music!



xo

p.s. I also love The Traveling Wilburys :)

No comments: