Friday, July 31, 2009

i.am.a.dork

I was just out for a walk. It was going on 8:30 so I decided to just walk around the neighborhood. At the side of one of the houses up the street, there was a guy out talking to his neighbor. I had been hoping he was out because I think he's the brother of a friend of mine. I also think he might be the guy who used to drive a metallic pink Mustang. We had a lemonade/friendship bracelet/tie-dye t-shirt stand on the corner. This guy would drive by a million times a day. Never stopped, never acknowledged us. He is/was apparently much older than us and therefore much too cool to pay us any attention. SO ... I was doing my 20 minute route, but was walking too fast because by the time I was a block from home, I was only at 17 minutes. So I decided to walk around the first block again - in hopes that he would still be sitting outside and that I would be able to talk to him. DORK! Of course he wasn't. But I ended up walking almost 30 minutes and got my steps up to 10614, so that part was good!


It was a busy morning at the office. When I get in, I like to put my lunch in the fridge, check the answering machine, and start reading the paper. I'm usually finishing the crossword puzzle around 9:30. Not this morning!

We have a new warehouse guy. Today, we had a different delivery driver. We normally get our trucks on Thursday afternoons. This guy called yesterday about 4 to say that he wasn't going to make it, but would be in our parking lot at 7:30 this morning. I warned him that we didn't open until 8 & he said that was fine. I pulled in the parking lot and found him sitting there. Not at the loading dock. IN THE PARKING LOT. Which is rather narrow and I tend to pull in tight and swing wide to get into my parking spot. So the warehouse guy got him directed around the building to the actual loading dock. There was another truck already there for one of the other businesses in the building. He managed to get himself maneuvered around the truck and up to the loading dock. Then I had to go get one of the guys from next door to drive the forklift because the new guy doesn't know how to drive this one. (Nor do I!) Then I stayed back there to do the paperwork because I haven't taught the new guy yet. (it was his first truck) So I'm back there helping move stuff around - in heels. And a short skirt. And a scarf. I was SO not dressed to help with truck today. But I looked "glamorous", or so said the TV guy that came in to check on our ads. (He's cute, young, and, most likely, gay. But still!)

After all that, I had a bunch of paperwork to catch up on. My printer is finally up and running again, so I can actually do work. And the phone kept ringing and people kept coming in. And I never finished the crossword puzzle until noon!

But the afternoon was quite quiet. :)



xo

1 comment:

robyn said...

This is unrelated to your cute post (maybe he was looking out the window for ya?)...thanks for the birthday card! You're a sweetie!